The Church Bistro – Hahei, NZ
A quality dining experience…
The newly refurbished Church Bistro is a casual wine bar and eatery. You can expect to see simple, Kiwi style, European inspired food, plus seasonal and regular specials. We look forward to welcoming families, friends, and visitors in fact everyone that enjoys good food, great wine and good times!
We are available for birthday celebrations, business functions and boutique style weddings. We are happy to talk with you about your requests and to discuss menu options.
…steeped in history
The Church Bistro is situated in Hahei and conveniently placed in and around some of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand including Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
The Church Bistro is housed in the original church building from the early 1900’s, and relocated from its original home, Taumarunui. The exposed kauri beams, classical joinery and original floor add to its charm and character.
- Twice baked cauliflower souffle$17.00with pickled vegetables
- Prawn cocktail$16.00with avocado panna cotta
- Posh fishcakes$18.00snapper/salmon/crab/fennel and orange salad
- Beetroot gnocchi$22.00with roast honey carrots and beets/whipped goats cheese caramelized walnuts/orange balsamic
- Braised chicken pot pie$30.00pancetta/peas/madeira sauces
- Cassoulet$34.00duck confit/apple/cider/crispy crumb
- Rustic seafood soup$34.00terakihi/prawns/clams/mussels/rouille
- Fillet steak$35.00Kumara bacon hash cakes/wilted greens/mushrooms/red wine jus
- Chocolate and Caramel platter$19.00Chocolate pave/Sticky date pudding/toffee sauce/caramel cheesecake log/praline/salted caramel popcorn/homemade ice cream
- Brioche bread and butter pudding$15.00apricot/dark chocolate/hazelnut/vanilla anglaise
- Passion fruit bombe Alaska$15.00