The Church Bistro – Hahei, NZ
A quality dining experience…
The newly refurbished Church Bistro is a casual wine bar and eatery. You can expect to see simple, Kiwi style, European inspired food, plus seasonal and regular specials. We look forward to welcoming families, friends, and visitors in fact everyone that enjoys good food, great wine and good times!
We are available for birthday celebrations, business functions and boutique style weddings. We are happy to talk with you about your requests and to discuss menu options.
…steeped in history
The Church Bistro is situated in Hahei and conveniently placed in and around some of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand including Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
The Church Bistro is housed in the original church building from the early 1900’s, and relocated from its original home, Taumarunui. The exposed kauri beams, classical joinery and original floor add to its charm and character.
- Spiced beef carpaccio$22.00with salad vegetables, mango salsa, mustard seed praline, Greek yoghurt sauce (tzatziki)
- Pan fried Calamari$18.00with white beans, Spanish chorizo gf
- Zucchini spaghetti$18.00with fresh tomato sauce, roast capsicum, black olives – vegan, gf
- Salmon Gravlax$22.00cured with whisky and fennel, whipped mascarpone cheese, honeycomb and crispy ginger – gf
- Eye fillet steak$38.00thyme butter, spinach and blue cheese potato gratin, Farofa (Brazilian crumble) tomato salsa – can be gf
- Crispy Pork belly$34.00apple puree, corn croquettes, chefs’ special sauce – can be gf
- Grilled New Zealand fish fillet$36.00Prawn mousse, cashew nut puree and orange sauce
- Porcini and Portobello mushroom risotto$28.00with grand Padano parmesan V, gf
- Chocolate Molten pudding,$15.00pistachio crumb, vanilla bean ice cream
- Berrymisu$15.00Prosecco, strawberry compote, mascarpone cheese
- Spanish Churros$12.00with dulce de leche
Children’s Meals and Side dishes
- Small size steak or fish$12with fries/potato and salad
- Mushroom Risotto$12
- Mixed Salad$9
- Shoe string fries$8