A quality dining experience…
The newly refurbished Church Bistro is a casual wine bar and eatery. You can expect to see simple, Kiwi style, European inspired food, plus seasonal and regular specials. We look forward to welcoming families, friends, and visitors in fact everyone that enjoys good food, great wine and good times!
We are available for birthday celebrations, business functions and boutique style weddings. We are happy to talk with you about your requests and to discuss menu options.
…steeped in history
The Church Bistro is situated in Hahei and conveniently placed in and around some of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand including Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
The Church Bistro is housed in the original church building from the early 1900’s, and relocated from its original home, Taumarunui. The exposed kauri beams, classical joinery and original floor add to its charm and character.
The Church Bistro – Hahei, NZ
- spiced calamari & coriander aioli
- Palak halloumi, cherry tomatoes & paratha
- Grilled fish, orange velouté, wild rice & macadamia
- Fillet steak, truffle sauce & millefeuille potato
- Chocolate molton pudding, berries, crumble & vanilla ice cream
- Sunday roast dinner plus dessert$35
- Kids Sunday Roast (under 12 only)$15
For reservations or general enquiries…
Please do not leave a reservation on here if you require a booking within 24 hours, this is our peak season and we can’t always guarantee you a table.
Please call one of the above numbers to check for same day bookings.