A quality dining experience…
The newly refurbished Church Bistro is a casual wine bar and eatery. You can expect to see simple, Kiwi style, European inspired food, plus seasonal and regular specials. We look forward to welcoming families, friends, and visitors in fact everyone that enjoys good food, great wine and good times!
We are available for birthday celebrations, business functions and boutique style weddings. We are happy to talk with you about your requests and to discuss menu options.
…steeped in history
The Church Bistro is situated in Hahei and conveniently placed in and around some of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand including Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
The Church Bistro is housed in the original church building from the early 1900’s, and relocated from its original home, Taumarunui. The exposed kauri beams, classical joinery and original floor add to its charm and character.
The Church Bistro – Hahei, NZ
- $ 16Red wine poached pear, ricotta & chargrilled witlof (V/GF)
- $ 19Seafood paella puffed rice (GF)
- $ 15Beef cheek pastel (Brazilian wontons)
- $ 28Mushroom tapenade, artichoke & leek (Vg/GF)
- $ 38Grilled fish, butternut purée, scallops, lemon & leek sauce (GF)
- $ 39Duck breast, feijoa purée, spinach & corn roulade (GF)
- $ 36Beef cheek, aligot, golden garlic & fresh herbs (GF)
- $ 12Affogato (GF)
- $ 15Passionfruit crème brûlée (GF)
- $ 15Pistachio & white chocolate molten cake
(twelve years and under)
- $ 15Pan fried fish, chips & veggies
- $ 15Beef cheek, chips & veggies
Sunday Roast dinner
- $ 30Adult meal + dessert
- $ 15Children meal + dessert
For reservations or general enquiries…
Please do not leave a reservation on here if you require a booking within 24 hours, this is our peak season and we can’t always guarantee you a table.
Please call one of the above numbers to check for same day bookings.