The Church Bistro – Hahei, NZ
A quality dining experience…
The Church Bistro is a family run restaurant where father and son Souza from Brazil combine their talent and experience behind the stove!
Come and enjoy Chef Guto and Chef Gabriel in their craziness, loudness but most of all, their culinary uniqueness!
They bring over 50 years international experience to the stove, showing of the skills and taste combinations they have picked up on their travels.
Their plates are infused with flavors from their childhood in Brazil, experiences in Portugal, India, the Netherlands and now New Zealand.
We are available for birthday celebrations, business functions and boutique style weddings. We are happy to talk with you about your requests and to discuss menu options.
…steeped in history
The Church Bistro is situated in Hahei and conveniently placed in and around some of the most beautiful beaches in New Zealand including Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach.
The Church Bistro is housed in the original church building from the early 1900’s, and relocated from its original home, Taumarunui. The exposed kauri beams, classical joinery and original floor add to its charm and character.
- $ 24Grilled octopus with crispy homemade polenta & seasonal vegetables ratatouille
- $ 22Pork cheek confit, parsnip & parmesan puree, balsamic manuka honey caramel sauce and fresh herbs
- $ 20Lamb shoulder croquette with hummus, mushroom & capsicum salsa, with an Indian paratha
- $ 19Spaguetti of Zucchini & a Provencal sauce
- $ 40Grilled fish fillet with a cream of green asparagus & cherry tomatoes in confit, grilled risotto
- $ 45Trio of Duck; grilled duck breast, pulled duck confit in pastry & duck liver terrine with a berry sauce and goat cheese mousse
- $ 45Your choice of Eye fillet steak OR New Zealand Lamb rump, potatoes Hamburguesa filled with spinach & mushroom topped with cheese, green peppercorn sauce and grilled leek
- $ 34Fresh pasta in a porcini mushroom sauce sprinkled with shaved Grana Padano
- $ 15Crème Brûlée of vanilla bean
- $ 15Pear poached in white wine & chocolate mousse, garnished with walnuts
- $ 12Duo of sorbet
(twelve years and under)
- $ 20Fish and chips
- $ 20Grilled eye fillet steak & pasta with tomato sauce
For reservations or general enquiries
Open: Wednesday to Sunday from 5:30 pm.
Looking forward to seeing you then.
Please do not leave a reservation on here if you require a booking within 24 hours, this is our peak season and we can’t always guarantee you a table. Please call one of the above numbers to check for same day bookings.